Sunday 21 February 2010

It's been quite awhile

There's no place like home - I believe in this line. I am now living in place very far away from my hometown because of work. I grew up in a small town called Chikmagalur which literally means, 'The Younger Daughter's Town.' My hometown is a calm, little town full of scenic beauties, hills, valleys, streams and coffee plantations. I really miss my hometown. It is obvious because I have spent really great 21 years of my life there and have some great childhood memories from that time. I first moved away from home when I was 21 and heading off to my job in Bangalore. I didn’t move too far away but it was still a significant change in my life. Now that I have moved 5,000 miles away from there, I have to appreciate my small town upbringing. Though I have always dreamed of traveling and living in various places around the country, I now know why I was so lucky to have grown up in such a beautiful town. I miss the place, my mom's cooking and my gimmick days with my friends. I also miss the food stalls at night where my friends and I used to hang out and those local canteens which we visitied quite frequently. I really miss everything about my hometown and sometimes, its funny that I even miss the noise in our neighborhood even those irritating neighbors that we have there, I also miss them!

There's really no place like home.

No comments: